Sunday, March 30, 2008

New Toys, and a Barbeque!


(Above: Suki and her new toys//My friend Arnold working the weber...mmmmmmm)
Apparently there was some sort of sale on doggie items somewhere, and Bridget went crazy on the toys. It's ok though, Suki needs lots of options...options other than what I wear on my feet. After talking and talking for months about how much I wanted to pick me up a good old fashioned weber and start barbequeing, we finally spent the day picking up everything we needed. Since I work for a foodservice distributor (please call me if you're opening a restaurant in the bay area!!) I picked up the meat: 12 lbs of skirt steak, freeeeeesh from the manufacturer. My good friend came over to marinate it with a special spice and lots of corona the night before, and Suki was salivating...so was I. 
It was a little cold today, but the sun was out,
 and my family was together. Burned meat, beer, the family, and our dog. What could be better? Everyone took turns playing with Suki and having her do her tricks (for treats of course). And after Suki waited patiently, we even let her have some skirt steak, which we set aside for her the night before (un-marinated). I've never seen her gobble something up so vigorously. 


With all the socialization, including watching us all play wii for hours, Suki was one happy dog by the end of the night. Very happy, and tired! She's sleeping as I type. 

Suki is such a great companion. She requires a lot of care as a puppy, but she gives back in ways you can't really understand if you've never owned a dog. I can only imagine that her loyalty and companionship as an adult will be even more rewarding. 


No comments: